Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like a boost gauge. Can I just swap the fuel/temperature gauge with the equivalent from an FPT? (i.e. are all - or most- of the other gubbins to connect it up present on an LPT?)

I don't want a third party one, I want one like an FPT has...

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
The problem with the LPT is you aren't going to see an awful lot on it... though I do know what you mean I do like the the FPT boost needle and the way it fits in with the rest of the instruments (and it would fill that rather empty looking space on the LPT dash).

Steve

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Depending upon model year, LPT's had some of the components that go to make up an FPT- APC solenoid or intercooler. The FPTs always have both. The Abbott upgrade should also ensure that you have both.

The LPTs have a comparatively low maximum boost- no more than about 0.48bar. FPTs will manage at least 0.9 bar.

The Abbott kit raises the boost level to at least that of a standard turbo ECU, so it is worth fitting a gauge.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
When I got my 900 'Abbotted' I had them fit the gauge cluster from a T16S - so now I have a boost gauge on which to measure my

It's not a massive job on the 900, so I can't see it being too onerous on the 9000.

hth

James

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
It's quite straightforward once you get the instrument pod out. Remove the top of the dash (remove glove box first, then screws for dash are under speaker grilles, plus one in the top of the instrument recess bolting upwards). The 3 sections unscrew seperately from the back of the instrument pod.

Mind you don't lose the rubber mounts off the bottom of the pod as you lift it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.