Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
iam about to order a boost VDU gauge. ive got a choice of one that does vac and boost to 1bar or thers one that just gos to 2bar
since my aero is a auto and wont be going ubove stage 2 would i need a gauge that gos to 2 bar???

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yer but my other two gauges are made by vdu? ive got a tim boost which ive being using to set up boost but i would like them to be the same or iam i just being too fussy

·
Registered
262 Posts
No, you're not being fussy at all. Just didn't know why you were sticking with VDO, I now know. i would probably get the 1 bar then. I have just ordered my boost gauge today from Elkparts. Tell us how you get on with the fitting, I plan to do it this weekend.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got the 3 vdu gauges on ebay oil temp,oil presure and volts with nice wireing loom so iam replacing volt gauge with a boost the gauges are from a audi. changed the bulbs to green. nice cheep set carnt go wrong .i thought VDU wos what saabs use

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Have just received a 1.5bar gauge from Elk as well - must be catching Now for the plumbing....wonder how much vacuum you can get from an Electrolux?

Mike

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just received my 1.5 bar gauge from Speedparts too! Very impressed with its quality. Seems extremeley good value too when compared to the "Fast and Furious" branded gauges in my local parts shop priced at the same level! I am going through the rigmorale of fitting it at the weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts