Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a boost gauge and manual boost controller for my 900. I am having trouble figuring out where to put the boost gauge. Also,
after I install the gauge what would you guys recommend I turn up the boost to? My mods are the viggen front-mount intercooler, speedparts intake, and sport exhaust.(if that helps)I dont want to put unwanted stress on the turbo or car, but I want more power.

thanks guys
-Elliot

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
With the mods you have, you will be safe turning up the boost right up to the boost/fuel cut. Start low and work your way up when adjusting the boost controller. after a while you will hit the fuel cut which the engine momentarily gets fuel delivery cut from it and buck kind of hard. Then you adjust it a bit down until the fuel cut no longer happens. The fuel cut should happen at about 15 psi. If this is not quite specific enough for you, just let me know and I'll break it down a little more.

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Anyone else spotted this but i just noticed this morning and confirmed by photos above - the lower end of gauge is not actually calibrated correctly on the Speedparts/BSR - where marked.
-0.1 it is actually -1.1 and the -0.1 should actually be the first small mark up from the bottom. Not crital just curious.

Mike

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by LocoSaab:
[qb]Anyone else spotted this but i just noticed this morning and confirmed by photos above - the lower end of gauge is not actually calibrated correctly on the Speedparts/BSR -  where marked.
-0.1 it is actually -1.1 and the -0.1 should actually be the first small mark up from the bottom. Not crital just curious.

Mike [/qb][/b]
Looks fine to me, 0, five lines to -0.5 and another 5 lines to -1....

Andrew

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
My boost gauge, though not BSR is measured in inches of mercury for the negative side, and PSI for the positive side. kinda cofusing when when looking at vac specs, and it says -20, i first thought it was -20psi!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
 Looks fine to me, 0, five lines to -0.5 and another 5 lines to -1....  [/b]
You are right Andrew - moment of madness - hot weather

Another issue - GM900FPT, Speedparts stage 1 and JT 3" front pipe - having replaced the APC and now having full boost, WOT in 3rd today at about 50mph and think I must have hit overboost/fuel cut off as a quick shut down until I backed off throttle - When running with my duff APC base boost appeared to be correct at about 0.4/5bar - DI pack about 18 months or 20,000 miles old - I am assuming overboost but any other suggestions welcome? Under more normal gentle acceleration pulls well up the rev range with no apparent problem boosting to about 1.4/1.5 bar
Thanks
Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts