Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 99 9-3 Saab convertible, although it has pretty basic trimmings and I am looking to put on some new alloys and get sideskirts and front and rear spoilers. Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can sort this out. Would I be able to put some 18inch alloys on the car or is that being a bit too ambitious? And if anybody knows about lowering kits that would be useful.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Welcome to the board!

As far as alloys, I've got 17's, as do many ppl, but I have seen some with 18s so I assume they'd fit. For lowering, I'd go with Eibach Pro-Kit spring and Koni adjustable dampers. Abbott Racing make body kits with different side skirts, spoilers, and rear wings available for convertibles. Would also suggest their underbody chassis brace for you to help sort out the cowl shake you no doubt experience.....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Is "cowl shake" what we on the east side of the pond would call "scuttle shake"?

Me ............ I don't know what a cowl or a scuttle are

Welcome to the board Mattrenier

Alyn

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi there !

18" will fit, just check that you get the right offset, otherwise they will scrub in the arches. I have 7.5*18" Offset 42 with 225/40-18 tires and there are no problems, and this is a 5d..the coupé has a bit bigger arches in the back..
For the lowering there are a few nice combos to choose from..I use adjustable yellow Konis and H&R springs and this is a great combo !! Then there are Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks that also are good !

As far as bodykits go, there are not that many kits out there for Saabs..As Pyronerd said Abbott has some bodyparts..Then there are a few companies in Sweden that makes kits but someone said that they dont want to ship the kits too far since they might brake during the shipping..Don't know..
But Johansson Motor Sport makes one nice kit and then if you want something a bit more extreme Real Car has a nice kit..You can find it Here
Then there is always the Viggen/Aero kit witch also is nice and you can get it directly from Saab, the only downside with that one is the price..

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by Saab4Life:
[qb]what about Eiback Pro Springs and Pro dampers? thats' what i bought..  [/qb][/b]
That's what I am getting this coming week. I have driven in two Saabs with this set-up and it is one of the best that I have experienced

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi, Just visited the Abbott site and they have a 9-3 Sport Sedan fitted with 19" wheels. Looks nice. They didn't mention the tire sizes though.
I would imagine that 17" or even 18" wouldn't be too hard to fit without rub. I would guess it depends on how lowered the car is.

Regards,
John

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, but the question was not about the 9-3ss right !?! "Mattrenier" asked about his 1999 9-3 !!
And yes, people are fitting 19" wheels with 235/35-19 tires on 9-3/gm900 without problems..So 18" is not a problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts