Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retired Administrator
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying an E92 320D M sport on an 11/12 plate and my question is what audio systems do they come with? How many speakers? And their locations etc?

I ask because I didn't do the research on my 9-3 and it came with a pants system, the most basic one they had which consisted of 2 x 3.5" dash speakers and 2 x 4" rear shelf speakers and the sound was awful. The only way to improve it well was to upgrade the factory way with an additional amp to drive 2 x 6.5 door subs and a 4" centre speaker, upgraded the stereo - genuine upgrade, at this point it sounded a whole heap better but still no where near decent. Then replaced both dash speakers with JL's now getting somewhere, rear 4" speakers ripped out Vibe black air 6x9's in and Vibe black air component tweeters in place of the 4" speakers both amp'd with Vibe black box 2 and finally an active dual 12" vibe Black air sub.

I do not want the hassle with all this after market audio on my new car and want to know what they have to offer as standard so I don't make the same mistake

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Harmon Kardon fitted in alot of BMW's with all sorts of specs - you need to ask the owner/company which it is fitted with.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
As you know i had an E90 and the standard system in it was pish poor lol. Its unfair to compare it to my 9-3 as it has Bose but even compared to our silver 9-3, the Saab system is much better

·
Retired Administrator
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AFAIK they have components front and rear which means I should be putting a couple of pairs of these in -

http://caraudiosecurity.com/130kp-13cm-components

a
nd this to power them - http://caraudiosecurity.com/fps4160-4-channel-amplifier

A
nd earthquake SWS subs to replace the underseat speakers and is still not enough bass - http://www.bavsound.com/product/682/196/BMW-Subwoofer-System-E90-E91-E92/

T
hat will do the trick and intending on a complete stealth install, I know with mine you cannot see anything not OEM until you open the boot but I don't even want to see that just look completely stock and carry huge punch to where people would say is this really the standard system?

·
Registered
214 Posts
A[/URL]nd earthquake SWS subs to replace the underseat speakers and is still not enough bass - http://www.bavsound.com/product/682/196/BMW-Subwoofer-System-E90-E91-E92/

T
:eek:how much!!!

I'd take a look on Talk Audio and DIYMA mate, there's bound to be a couple E92's with upgraded systems there. Also usually some tasty kit for sale in the classifieds, I had my Morel subs & Sinfoni comps from the guys on there. Just waiting for. P99RS to pop up then I'm getting one!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had an E93 (320d SE) as a company car a couple of years ago; I think the E92 is permanent hard top version. The model year that I had came with a six-speaker system as standard, but there were options for a "BMW business" sound upgrade, and the 11-speaker (I think it was reduced to 9 in the convertible) Harmon Kardon system (I had the HK). The 325i/325d convertibles had a further option of a "BMW individual" system. Older model years had a option called the "Logic 7 system" instead of the Harmon Kardon, although like the Harmon Kardon it had a fibre optic connected 420W amp.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Deano, my boss owns one of these, a 57 plate. He has the 325i petrol version. Never really complains about it other than persistantly poor life of his alloy wheels that have been back to BMW on several occasions due to cracking of the moulds.

Bit of a hairdressers car don't ya think? lol.

Think his is spec'd out pretty well so has good audio system!

·
Registered
44 Posts
persistantly poor life of his alloy wheels that have been back to BMW on several occasions due to cracking of the moulds.
Seems to be a common issue, and a lot of people associate it with the run flat tyres / the aggressive camber the wheels run at because of the run flats.

At least, they used to - no idea if that's been proven to not be the usual cause.

·
Retired Administrator
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I brought the car in the end :)

An E92 325D M sport with every extra going besides the upgraded speaker package but the system it does have is sufficient to be honest, maybe not the lowest system though as it has I Drive, professional nav etc.

Lovely car really enjoying it so far

Couple of bits to do on it to make it right for me -

Interior cleaning - Did that all of Sunday - Leather cleaned with Zaino Z9, interior hoovered with the metro vac using the small detailing attachments to get to those hard to reach places, carpets wet Vac'd, Glass cleaned with IPA, dash cleaned with armour all wipes, door shuts cleaned, door rubbers cleaned and dressed.
Then I put my bag in the boot Monday to realise I missed out the boot so I'll be doing that this weekend - hoover then wet vac the carpet, clean and dress all boot plastics and clean and dress wheel recess.
Angel eyes changed from Halogen to LED - Complete already
New centre caps on order - Wheels to be removed one by one this weekend and cleaned thoroughly and seal it one with at very least two wax coats.
Rear boot badge to be replaced - Ordering today
Full wet sand of the body and 3 stage polish to bring it up to a high level finish and finally coat the body with 2 coats of BMD Helios wax or Auto finesse Spirit not sure on which yet unless Mrs claus brings me some swissvax :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts