Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSAABs for Sale

16K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  Ydox 
#1 ·
Hello,

I`ve been selling BlueSAAB modules that I`ve been making on Facebook and thought some of you here may not be on the same groups as me.

The BlueSAAB is a great modern addition to OG9-3 & OG9-5's that adds Bluetooth audio (from your phone) to the SAAB and can even display scrolling Artist and Track info on the SID.

It replaces the CD Changer in the boot. I also make the CD Changer cable required in the 9-5 since they don't seem to be made anymore.

Here it is halfway through displaying "Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell"

I`ve also made an installation video here:-

BlueSAAB installation

I sell the units for £80 + shipping & cable if you need it.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Frank.

See less See more
#14 ·
This is very interesting.

Recently back in a Saab after a little time away. I've picked up an '02 9-3 that has the standard radio/CD head unit and does have the genuine CD changer fitted in the boot. However, the head unit and CD changer don't see each other so I assume it's defunct. Mechanically it makes all the right noises but I can't access it via the head unit. Assuming the cabling is OK it looks as if you're saying this is just plug and play?

#15 ·
Another question.

As I understand it the bulk of the cabling is already in place in the 9-3 and 9-5, running front to back. If there is already a changer fitted then it's unplug, plug and play. If there isn't then the short cable is required to run from the factory cable. Instead, would it be possible to remove the headunit, unplug the factory CD changer cable, plug in a short cable and connect the BlueSAAB unit to that? The whole thing is then behind the dash rather than on the boot.

Only reason I ask is because I have fitted one or two GROM units in non Saabs so that's my point of reference.

Anyhoo, looking forward to hearing back from you.

#16 ·
[QUOTE = "captainfrank, message: 1445908, membre: 38112"]
Bonjour,

Je vends des modules BlueSAAB que j'ai créés sur Facebook et je pensais que certains d'entre vous ici ne faisaient peut-être pas partie des mêmes groupes que moi.

Le BlueSAAB est un excellent ajout moderne aux OG9-3 et OG9-5 qui ajoute l'audio Bluetooth (de votre téléphone) au SAAB et peut même afficher des informations de défilement sur l'artiste et la piste sur le SID.

Il remplace le changeur de CD dans le coffre. Je fabrique également le câble du changeur de CD requis dans le 9-5 car ils ne semblent plus être fabriqués.

[ATTACH = full] 53123 [/ ATTACH]

Le voici à mi-chemin de l'affichage "Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell"

[ATTACH = complet] 53124 [/ ATTACH]

J'ai également fait une vidéo d'installation ici: -

Installation de BlueSAAB

Je vends les unités pour 80 £ + expédition et câble si vous en avez besoin.

N'hésitez pas à poser des questions.

Franc.
[/CITATION]

#18 ·
Hello,

I`ve been selling BlueSAAB modules that I`ve been making on Facebook and thought some of you here may not be on the same groups as me.

The BlueSAAB is a great modern addition to OG9-3 & OG9-5's that adds Bluetooth audio (from your phone) to the SAAB and can even display scrolling Artist and Track info on the SID.

It replaces the CD Changer in the boot. I also make the CD Changer cable required in the 9-5 since they don't seem to be made anymore.

View attachment 53123

Here it is halfway through displaying "Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell"

View attachment 53124

I`ve also made an installation video here:-

BlueSAAB installation

I sell the units for £80 + shipping & cable if you need it.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Frank.

#22 ·
Hello Frank,

Great product you have there!

I just bought myself a 2001 9-3Turbo convertible. Is the unit suited for this car, it does not have a CD changer.

I am not very technical; do you provide a clear manual how to install it? I saw the youtube video of the work done in the 9-5 Project car, that is quite different than the convertible it seems...

love to hear from you,

Cheers, Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.