Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 142,000 miles something has finally gone seriously wrong with the car. I think it's the headgasket but I'm not certain.

The symptoms began today after some very hard driving. Unlike other headgaskets I've had go, the signs of bubbling are more severe and came on much more quickly. The water seems rather oily which suggest oil entering the cooling system.

The final symptom is that on the over-run I get a puff of blue (not white) smoke when I apply the throttle. It's rather like what happens when the valve guides have gone or the turbo Is this still consistent with a blown headgasket? I suppose it could be oil being drawn into the cylinder(s) between the headgasket on the over-run?

I'll do a compression test tomorrow morning

Alanb

·
Registered
305 Posts
I can tell you without reservation that the oil in your antifreeze is definately a blown head gasket. The only way for the oil to get into your antifreeze is thru a crack in your block or head gasket. Atypical sympton for the head gasket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.