Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dropped my sister in-law off at work this morning, then as i was on my way to work to pick up my tools to service her corsa i lost power and this was acompanied by a james bond smoke screen!!!!

the turbo had been noisey for around a month or so and i guess i was hoping it would go away, it turned lots of heads though, what with the smoke screen it also sounds like a cross between police car fire engine and ambulance mix, mucho loudo.

still will take it to work tomrrow and try and get the warrnty company to cough up,
having dealt with waranty companys from being in the trade most of them try and slime out of paying by any means possible.
only had the car for 4 months.

and yep pi**ed me right off.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Hope you do manage to squeeze something out of the warranty company - I suppose really they're insurance companies in disguise, so I won't hold my breath.

At least it's an excuse to get a new Turbo ;-)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Blower,
Once Turbo fitted maybe worth checking emissions from CAT (especially if MOT is comming up). Whilst neat fuel into CAT is known to knacker it fast (i.e. running on 3 cylinders, etc), I am sure wads of (burnt) oil vapor isn't going to help.

Maybe you need to claim for CAT on warranty at same time. Unless you have a non CAT pre K reg car.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
extra premium for turbo was paid along with one years warranty.

took the turbo off yesterday and its being picked up tomorrow to be stripped refurbished new bearings,seals,re-balanced e.t.c, hopefully the reason its packed up is mechanical and not wear&tear or the warranty company will run away.

car is a 92-j plate, has a cat but not m.o.t requirment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts