Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Blow off valve install help

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  nelliem 
#1 ·
i want to install a bov on my 94 cse turbo and i was wondering if anyone has a step by step?

#4 ·
Ok, cannot help with instructions for it, there should be some with it. If it is for a Saab check it come wit the correct adaptor plate.

OK VTA valves on a car not set up for VTA can cause problems and a loss of performance. The valve reduces compressor surge by allowing the compressed air to vent to the atmosphere (VTA), making a distinct hissing sound, or recirculated into the intake upstream of the compressor inlet (Recirculating). the ecu monitors the pressures, etc and if there is a change it can be detrimental to performance.

Also there are a lot of fakes out there coming in from the likes of China so you need to know you are buying the real thing.

#6 ·
Are you just after a VTA type for the 'boy racer' noise? There is not much wrong with the OE black plastic Bosch unit, and if it fails it is easily replaced and comparitively cheap. I have also fitted a Forge recirc type to one of my cars which is obviously just as easy to fit but more expensive and adds some bling if that is what is wanted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.