Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got the godspeed brakes on (quite simple )
replaced the flexible hose (a bit tricky)
so only thing left to do is bleed the brakes..
no problem I hear you say...not so
after two days and 5l of brake fluid I gave up and drove it to the local car mender (on the handbrake
)
he tries for two hours ...not much better so phones tim the spannerman at roseisle,who gives me heart failure by suggesting I could have done in the master cylinder ...but suggests that it still could be an airlock and what you need to do is take caliper off and rotate till nipple uppermost hence allowing air to rise and hence expelled

bit of faffing about (you have to wedge the pistons or they pop out !!) and another 2l of brake fluid (doesn't half sting )

hey presto I have a brake pedal
I also have a caliper with all the nice gold paint taken off !!
still a bit spongy but this should disappear with the custom pirtek hoses I shall be fitting shortly

it looked such a simple job too...

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by ylee coyote:
[qb]at the side and on the bottom !!![/qb][/b]
Not teaching Granny to suck eggs or anything, but are you sure you don't have them swapped left-right?

How could you possibly bleed them if there isn't a nipple at the top of the caliper?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah hah
so thats wots wrong

pass the dunces cap
in my defense they were not marked...

however the side one is still at the side (in the middle )

·
Registered
82 Posts
The calipers should originally have had 2 feeds from the car, and Ian will have converted them to take one feed. If this conversion has been achieved by using a very short 'U' shaped piece of pipe the caliper is Volvo, if the pipe much longer running from close to the bottom of the caliper up to the top then it will be a Princess unit.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Bleedin' brakes indeed last nipple sheered off under my 9mm spanner on the C900. I'll let you know if it still works OK when the wife gets back from the test run (JOKE )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts