Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whast the best for turning up the boost? i know i can make a bleed valve for close to no $ at all. and i was wondering if having the ball spring set up is bad news for the knock sensor? tell me what you think. thanks friends

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Neither are bad news for the knock sensor itself, but both can prevent the APC system from reducing boost sufficiently when knock is detected.

The spring valve is normally known as a Dawes Device, and is very good for building boost quickly. The bleed valve will also help build boost quicker, but not quite as much. If you can make a bleed valve for next to nothing, then I'd try that, but be wary of using it excessively.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by Mark E:
both can prevent the APC system from reducing boost sufficiently when knock is detected[/b]
Using any form of MBC lowers the safety margin before potential damage can occur. The APC sytem that Saab uses is that it is very tolerant and adapts to fuel octane, temperature and atmospheric conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.