Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car is really trying my patience,as the gearbox was being fitted this afternoon Brian at Wheelton Garage noticed my bottom engine mount has gone and I have a split in my sump AAArh
With my mother in law due to decend upon us Friday till Monday it looks like my Hornet is the only means of escape

Well if I do sell the Aero there's not many jobs left to do

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
mpen; I believe you've bought a lemon, believe me, I know the feeling.

I think your right, it's probably best to cut your losses and fix the essential stuff and trade it in. There are good Saabs out there so don't give up on the marque just yet.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can split sumps and boxes by rallying the car over rough ground. Say up a gravel (you know the big chuckies) drive at a silly speed. The handbrake turn at the end of the drive which sends one of said stones through the girlfriends parents living room window is the cherry on top.

Chris

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had this with every Saab I've bought, it costs me a fortune for the first 2/3 months then levels out, maybe I'm to fussy, everything has to be right or I get miffed. When I bought my last Carlsson it only had 52K on her and I spent a small fortune getting it spot on.

The sump has a small fracture on the side,the garage has a second hand one coming on Tuesday so with any luck
I might be tempting disaster but he engine on this Aero is superb, it has to be the smoothest fastest and quietest 2.3 I've been in, when we had the meet at the lakes
Gordys Abbottised Aero could not keep up with me
When I was down on the Lakes run I noticed that Mpen's Aero seemed to be pulling away from rest much quicker than mine. (Mpen has a sports air filter and 3" exhaust system). My car has some serious Abbott work - Intercooler, ECU, Air filter,gas flowed cylinder head,ss exhaust (without downpipe), recirculating dump valve).[/b]
and the only mod I had then was the JT system since fitting the Speedparts ECU its like a rocket
The car has only had a couple of owners with the exception of the last couple of services it has a Saab FSH and by the look of the bills has wanted for nothing, The guy I bought it off drove it like a [expletive deleted], when I first got the car it was showing an average MPG of 36.5 and no It hadn't just been zeroed, Richard Elliott from Saabtec said the guy drove it very slowly on the occassions he was in with him.

So I guess I will see what it's like when I get it back, if it behaves I will keep it ...one thing I have noticed I've saved around £110 on petrol whilst using my lads Cleo for the last two weeks

·
Registered
865 Posts
if it goes like stink,keep it .what else would you get for the same money that gives you.........speed,comfort,safety,quality,class and last but not least,the boy racers dont have a clue what is about to leave them looking like p...../dont you just love it.bye the way we met at blackpool meet last summer/i had just got my cse 2lpt,same as bill,s it is now at 199356mls and not a penny spent,goes like a dream,so i think you have been a wee bit unlucky but maybe all your woes are behind you,i hope so,bye the way you can repair sump with chemical metal[halfords]i have done it ...it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.