Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a Week it's my birthday. So I decided to give myself some nice presents. Orderded the Speedparts strutbrace along with a H&R lowering kit. And Some Poly pieces for the front sway bar. I already have an Aero front sway bar waiting to be mounted. The rear is one from an Aero and in poly already. Hopefully I can fit everything in About 3 weeks.

Is there anyone here who uses H&R on a 9k. Read Somewhere that Jason Might be but couldn't find anything to ensure this.
So made my desicion on Experiences of 9-3 drivers. And the fact that I have driven along in one fitted with H&R springs.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Read Somewhere that Jason Might be but couldn't find anything to ensure this.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was still running Venturi springs (from the Bilstein sprintline kit) when I totalled my 9K. I was considering changing to H&R's or Nordic/Eibach springs in the future to improve the ride.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I have only dealt with H&R springs on 9-3s as well. Somehow, I think you may know them from my car!

Have fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now where did you get that Idea? With You living across the world.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The parts are on. Except for the strutbrace. It wouldn't fit Apperently it's not suitable for N/A cars.The oil filler cap didn't get cleared. Anyone else ever encountered this problem?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So today i've had a nice test drive. What a difference the H&R springs make.
Before lowering

After lowering

Now Only for the strutbrace. Can anyone send me pictures of theirs fitted? I can't seem to find it. (Excpt for dead links)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks.

After a lot of fiddeling and modifying the oil filler pipe. Mine is also on.

Edit: After comparing the two pics. I can only say wha a difference in the Engine bay. No wonder mine wouldn't fit at first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts