Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK lets try again, now we have 3-4 different posts on this topic. Lets summon up.

If one should like to improve handling a bit but would like to keep it komfortable as a every day car, whats your experice on this board?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I have Abbott's springs with Koni adjustables, and for me it's about right for an everyday car. A significant improvement in handling, but not so hard that it's a pain on long journeys, and normal people do not complain if I give them a lift.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Just had Bilstein Sports kit for my 9000, 40mm drop. Here's some pics...

Not as extremely low as I expected, although the drive at home is not very level so it probably paints a distorted picture. I'll try and find a nice flat car park to take some better pictures. But even so, the actual drop over the old springs seems to be more like 25mm rather than 40, but this is a positive IMO as I didn't want a boy-racer look anyway!

Oh, not been driving very long but already I've found it to be extremely flat around the corners and much more responsive. I do have quite a bit of poly on it as well, which certainly helps! It is a stiff setup but probably only slightly stiffer than the standard setup on my '88 Carlsson.

All in all it gets a big
from me.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by RichW:
[qb]I like the wheels Jason, think I'll have to get a set sometime soon.  I tried recently, but they are hard to get hold of. [/qb][/b]
It's a case of keeping your eyes peeled and siezing the opportunity when it appears. Scaero recently obtained a set in extremely good condition.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque-Steer):
It's a case of keeping your eyes peeled and siezing the opportunity when it appears. Scaero recently obtained a set in extremely good condition.[/b]
Guess I'll just have to do as you say and be a little patient until a set pop up. I'd even contacted some guy who was selling a CD Carlsson to see if would be interested in selling them. I even offered to let him have my current alloys, bet you can guess what he said...

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque-Steer):
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by RichW:
[qb] I like the wheels Jason, think I'll have to get a set sometime soon.  I tried recently, but they are hard to get hold of. [/qb][/b]
It's a case of keeping your eyes peeled and siezing the opportunity when it appears. Scaero recently obtained a set in extremely good condition. [/qb][/b][/quote]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts