Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt get any response when I posted this subject on the 9000 page, so maby it was the wrong forum.

Does anybody use Bilstein/HR combination. I am getting the impression that Koni is the most used/Popular damperupgrade!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I've heard that Bilsteins give a harder ride than Koni's.

However, this does not mirror experiences on Lotus boards where it is the other way round.

I have Koni's & don't think that they are particularly good. They are certainly a pretty basic shock. However, either will work a lot better with a Speedparts front strut brace...

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm using Bilstein Sport dampers (front V36 4034, rear B36 1785) with standard Aero springs and am quite happy with the ride quality. They have sharpened up the handling compared to the standard dampers (which were worn) and in combination with Superflex rear ARB bushes has greatly reduced understeer.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by EsaJ:
[qb]I have Koni (adjustable ones) and Eibach springs. They worked like charm, [/qb][/b]
EsaJ - is that on a 9000? The topic here refers to suspension on a 9000 and Eibach springs have not been available for the 9000 for some time. Are you saying you have Eibachs on a 9000

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
EsaJ has a 9-3, I believe. I think most people's choice for the Konis is the adjustibility. It is kinda nice to be able to play around with the settings to change cornering attitude, comfort and even grip in differing conditions.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have Bilstein shocks and H+R springs on my 9000. It's a lot harder than before but it's not too much. The reason why I didn't go for the Koni's is that they are only easy to adjust in the front. In the rear you have to dismantle the shock to adjust it and then it felt like the whole idea with adjustable shocks disappeared.

I assume that Bilstein have set front and rear shocks to work well together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts