Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally took the plunge and started to repair and upgrade the Carly.
I have:
Poly ARB bush front/rear
Poly wishbone bushes
Poly drop link bushes(what torque should the nuts be?)
Poly engine mount
Bilstein sprintline kit (approx tuesday)How do I get the brackets from the top of the original shockers?Looks like a hex key but it doesnt move.
Uprated Forge actuator. What do I need to do to set this up?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Bilstein sprintline kit (approx tuesday)How do I get the brackets from the top of the original shockers?Looks like a hex key but it doesnt move.[/b]
Keep car on ground with jack ready to go, undo the locking nut first, allan key with spanner on end of allan key to give you more leverage, it'll loosen then. Jack car up slightly then unscrew allan head, this uses the weight of the car as a spring compressor. When it pops out jack car right up and then undo bolts on bottom of strut and remove.
The above is how I think I should have done it the first time, I took the units off and did it on the ground, very awkward and potentially dangerous even with spring compressors.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Geeze, I hope you don't mind a harsh ride, Paul. Bilsteins are pretty hard and with loads of poly too.
I'd hold fitting those drop link and front arb bushes.

If your not fussed about ride quality, ignore the above message!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Oh, I should add I had them on my car & removed them. My experience of them was that they made little difference to the handling, unlike the front strut brace and rear SAS ARB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts