Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Changed the back brake pads this week -diy with a print out from BillJ's website by my side. 1hr each side, but getting better! Front pads this week-end.
I could never, ever have attempted this without this brilliant site.
Question: How much would SAAB have charged me for fitting saab pads to the back? And it would be interesting to know what they charge for a variety of jobs. Then I can work out how much I will save by diy and can then spend that money on important things -like an upgrade!!!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Saab dealer price for cylinder head and timing chain job, reckon on £2000.

DIY around £500 if you also fit all new parts including things like pulleys, belts and a few other sundries.

David.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My Saab dealer in Oxford (Cumnor Hill) quotes £53 per hour labour less 10% discount and here in Spain they charge as "little" as 30€ (£20). Just had my 1995 9k fully serviced and teh turbo sorted out for 250€.

Noe that's not bad...

Andy

·
Registered
325 Posts
i recentley took my car to saab for them just to diagnose not actually fix the problem just tell me whats wrong with it, that cost me £126.90 they said it's most likely to be the lambda sensor which they then quoted £260 for part and to fit, well i took it away and put a lambda sensor on it myself i put a bosch original spec sensor the same one they would of fit and it cost me £70.50.
so basically yes! you will save a fortune and have plenty of money for the important stuff.

upgrades

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I've used three dealers local to me. Viking Saab and Squire Furneaux have never charged me for diagnostic time. Breachwood Saab (now bought out by Squire Furneaux - not surprising) once charged me hundreds of pounds to diagnose a TCS pedal pot fault when the fault codes should have led them right to it. Fixing it was simple and the only replacement part was a carpet stud priced £1.05

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.