Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year to you all and so I'll start with a simple question for some people.
I've fitted the 3 extra genuine SAAB VDO clocks (Cheers E-Bay!!) to my 92 CS Carlsson, but the only snag I've come across is how to feed the wires from the oil pressure and the oil temp senders through the bulkhead and behind the dash. I've got them behind the false bulkhead within the engine bay, but all I can see a way through. Any ideas please.
Many thanks
DeeVee

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
You can go in behind the glovebox or through the grommet which is behind the cruise control pump.

From my experience both entries are pretty much stuffed full - good luck!

I managed to get a 3.5mm jack plug for my radar detector through the hole behind the cruise pump but it went faulty and the replacement was supplied with a 90 degree plug which gives me absolutely no chance of getting that through without major agro.

David.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
On all three of my 9000's ('87,'90 & '93MY's) I've used a large (around 2" diameter) hole that is high up behind the glovebox. This enters the engine bay directly, not via the 'aquarium'/ false bulkhead. It is just possible to get at it without removing the glovebox but you'll be on your back in the passenger footwell to achieve it.
The hole comes out below the fuel filter in the engine bay.
HTH
Nick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.