Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
:D

I didn't want to go dropping links all over your site with only a few posts... I hate spammers ;)

We had this deal running and showing as still running though to be fair I haven't checked up on its validity recently. I has been ongoing with us since Jun2009 and last post on it was 2011. Basically someone saying they'd seen the group buy, wanted it and some other kit and they got a better discount. The deets were basically

Autobrite HD Foam Lance with your choice of connector , Strong 1 litre foam lance bottle inc a FREE 500ml bottle of Autobrite Super Snow Foam (dilution rate up to 200-1) for £39.99
You could add more foam / different foam for additional cost. I bought it in 2009 and wash the car every weekend with it and its still working like the day I bought it so can certainly say its good quality. The image on their website now though has a red nossil and the one on mine is black.

Ive seen the vacuum dryers... at first my reaction was my neighbours would all think Im nuts... however, Ive lived here long enough for that to have been confirmed when it comes to cars, so will have a look at that one. I dont have much issues drying as it use the hosepipe to dry ;) and towel off the little bits left. There is enough wax on the car to slide away.

·
Retired Administrator
2,218 Posts
This is the Metro Vac - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/accessories/metro-vac-vac-n-blow/prod_1090.html

The power is insane on both vac and blo.

I know that feeling lol, two days later you are still cleaning that car!!!! Erm yes. lol

I haven't managed to hit mine up with a wax coat yet due to time and weather, wanted to get the correction sorted before wax coating.

Have you got one of those hose attachments de-ioniser or something? I look at this and the water in my area is so hard that it would either not work or it would only work about 10 times before needing a replacement.

This it here? - http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/autobrite-hd-foam-lance-and-citrus-snow-foam-combo.html

Or have you got a link directly to that deal, I want to buy one at the end of the month lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah, that's the one.

The water here in Sheff isnt soft so no issues on the calcium build ups etc. This just fits directly into my karcher gun.

Not sure if you do group buys here yet (not looked TBF) but may be worthwhile you tapping them up for SS. I'll DM you the info now because the group buys on the vagoc need you to have posted a certain amount first before access to the good stuff :) (and yeah, not just idle spam posts lol)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would go with Bilt Hamber autobalm.

It's not a wax but a sealant and it also masks swirls so 2 for 1.

It leaves an excellent finish and is easy to apply, you can apply it while the car is still wet (ish) and it lasts for a very long time, also if you add extra layers it looks better and better and lasts even longer.

It also has anti corrosion properties so it will help stop any stone chips turning to rust.

Worth a try and relatively inexpensive.

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
off topic a bit i bought some turtle wax professional leather cleaner / conditioner for my seats and come up nice alot better than expected about £15 for 5l off some valet company on ebay

·
Registered
6 Posts
You know I always had great resoults with Maguires Gold Class wax, It goes on and comes on nice and it puts a nice depth to the paint.

·
Banned
1,316 Posts
I want a viggen so bad :mad: one day I might be able to buy one.
I don't know that much about them....what's the attraction? Which model was it that torque steered all over the road until Abbott Racing worked out the chassis needed more bracing; was that the Viggen?

·
Retired Administrator
2,218 Posts
They are a limited edition 9-3 pushing around 230bhp standard and yes they suffer from the scuttle shake but most verts do the coupe version does not.

They are very rare and hold a good value for the year. I saw a 1999 for about £5k not so long back very nice car mint condition with not too many miles.

[h=3]Saab Viggen[/h]
SAAB 9-3 Viggen

A high-powered version of the Saab 9-3 was the "Viggen" (English: Thunderbolt). It was named after the Saab 37 Viggen aircraft. Production ended in 2002.
It came with a turbocharged 2.3 L engine, (B235R) giving 225 bhp (168 kW; 228 PS) later 230 bhp (172 kW; 233 PS) on 1.4 bar (20 psi) of boost from its Mitsubishi TD04-HL15-5 turbocharger. Acceleration from 0–100 km/h could be reached in 6.4 seconds and the top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h (160 mph).[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] To provide and handle the high power and performance, the following elements were changed/modified:

• Higher capacity intercooler
  • Higher performance tuned ECU
  • Larger flow-through exhaust system
  • Heavy duty clutch and pressure plate
  • Stiffened and lowered springs
  • Firmer dampers
  • Stronger CV joints and driveshafts
To enable the front wheels to cope with the amount of torque available, the maximum torque was electronically limited.

• 1st gear was limited to 250 N·m (180 lb·ft)
  • 2nd gear was limited to 330 N·m (240 lb·ft)
  • 3rd gear and on had the full 350 N·m (260 lb·ft).
Forty-six hundred Viggens were manufactured, of which only 500 units were produced for the UK market.
Production summary:

• Model Year 1998: 14 cars
  • Model Year 1999: 1099 cars
  • Model Year 2000: 1621 cars
  • Model Year 2001: 1251 cars
  • Model Year 2002: 615 cars (Production ended 06/2002)
Total: 4600 cars
Complements of SAAB USA:
These numbers represent the total number of each body style Viggen imported into the USA:

• 1999: 3-door > 426| 420 Blue| 2 Silver |2 Monte Carlo Yellow |2 Black
  • 2000: Convertible > 245, 3-door > 138, 5-door > 421
  • 2001: Convertible > 738, 3-door > 129, 5-door > 285
  • 2002: Convertible > 322, 3-door > 71, 5-door > 157
  • Totals:
    • 1999 = 426
    • 2000 = 804
    • 2001 = 1,152
    • 2002 = 550
  • Totals: 3-door = 764, 5-door = 863, conv. = 1,305
In 1999, the Viggen was the first 9-3 to use Saab's Trionic 7 engine management system, which processes 2 million calculations every second analysing combustion temperature, boost control, variable torque curves and many other critical engine processes. In addition, the 2001 model year introduced a Traction Control System (TCS) to the Viggen.
In addition to extra power and torque, it also featured a special rear wing (increasing the downforce by 50%) requiring relocation of the radio antenna, aerodynamically designed bumpers and side skirts reducing the drag coefficient by 8%, specially bolstered and colored leather seats (available in four colors: black with black inserts (charcoal), black with blue inserts (deep blue), black with orange inserts (flame ochre), and tan with tan inserts), sportier suspension, bigger wheels, upgraded brakes, and other upgraded parts.
The Viggen was only available with a five-speed manual transmission, CD player, power moonroof, and (what were initially) Viggen-specific motorised and heated leather seats with the Viggen delta logo embossed in the backrest; these were later also available in the Aero model (U.S. market 'SE' model) without the embossed Viggen logo. Some colors featured carbon-fibre interior trim from its introduction to the middle of the 2001 model year, when Saab substituted a less expensive printed gray pattern for the dash and standard trim for everything else.
New Viggen buyers in the USA were treated to two days of advanced driving instruction at Road Atlanta and dined with Saab USA executives from nearby Norcross, Georgia. This programme, operated by Saab and Panoz, was called Viggen Flight Academy and later transformed into the current SAAB Aero Academy.
Some motoring journalists were critical of untamed torque steer in low gears.[SUP][5][/SUP] Although the torque steer can be nearly eliminated through the use of a steering rack brace,[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] also called a "Viggen Rescue Kit" available through a few aftermarket vendors.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]

·
Banned
1,316 Posts
Just had a read about the Viggen on the AR website, it is indeed the steering rack clamp that you mention for the convertible (but I think on the Viggen AR use it on the hatchback as well), but also some other bits that the regular cabrio doesn't need - polyurethane track control arm bushes, support arm bearing kit and stainless steel subframe brace. Sounds like AR think the chassis needs gluing to the road.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've had no issues with mine, I've had several very high powered cars, and this is on par with most for acceleration and handling, as fas as I can tell mines stock apart from hirsch lowered suspension, and 18" wheels.

Saying that I've not had a nice day to be able to have a good nosy.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've used:

Autoglym srp, egp, hd
Blackfire fire over ice kit
Poorboys nattys red, blue
Megs Ultimate/Nxt/nxt 2.0
Turtlewax, many, many
various dodo juice
Zaino
chemical guys

The best so far is easily Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid, especially if you put 2 coats on and top with a coat of Dodo Juice Supernatural Acrylic Spritz. The reflections are so deep, its hard to explain but the effect is awesome and has to be seen to be believed. But the paintwork has to be polished to perfection to get the effect.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Old thread but a good one.

Ive used Autoglym high res and wax along with the detail spray and wheel cleaner. All very good stuff.

Not a fan of black magic i kinda hate it lol.
Also tried mags and a few other brands but AG is my fav from local store bought.

Blackfire gloss polish is also good but getting higher price.
Car pro also pretty good but higher price.

I want to try chemical guyz stuff along with collinite..

21 - 40 of 44 Posts