Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So checked the glowplugs today due to a very lumpy idle...
#1 - 142 ohms
#2 - 1.2-2.5 ohms (erratic reading)
#3 - 1.4 ohms
#4 - no reading/dead short

So planning just to replace them all at the same time.

However any recommendations on brand of glowplugs? - Best 3 options I can see are Beru, Bosch and NTK/NGK

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the black plastic connector pulls up and off (i had to use pliers for leverage on mine)
multimeter to lowest ohms range
black to engine metalwork
red to pin on top of the glowplug
should read 5 ohms or less..ideally around 1

·
Registered
359 Posts
get link mate,cheers. I've heard that the bosch glow plugs are the best because they heat up faster which is ideal for saabs due to the fact the glow plug relay doesn't stay on for long. I have the 8v 2005 1.9tid. apparently I have to remove a few bits just to get near them to test. will have a go tomorrow. cheers mate.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went for a set of Berus as seemingly they get the best rating....wait and see how they go...can't be any worse than the knackered 2 that are in there at the moment thats for sure

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
I went NGK cos I found them in a Halfrauds 'Bin of old tut'! For 99p each! ...... Bargain.....& They work fine..... A wee smear of copper grease on the threads gentlemen.....!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ECP didn't mention if the bosch they stocked were duratherm or not, so went for the berus as they seemed a safe bet...plus price diff was neglible, especially with a £10 off ebay coupon..£47 for a set isn't too bad..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts