Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My 9000 cse ym96 2.0 lpt still having acc problem (not working at all) since september.

I didn't use it a lot (around 20 miles max) and now the battery voltage display is 8.5 to 8.8 v. It is a Bosch silver 7A 12v 70Ah 510A 2 1/2 years hold. Hope that 70Ah is not a problem cause saab recommendation is a 60Ah...?

So I'm going to change the battery and I'm looking for any good advices on batteries.

Tahnk you.

Alain

PS: I'm thinking that there are so many electrical problems in few times. look here: ACC and SRS light
and
Fuse 17?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Would recommend Varta without hesitation. Replaced the original Saab stickered Varta in my wife's 9000 (9 yrs it had been there!) with a Varta Blue Dyn Silver 562.019.048 , hope it survives as long!

M.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Putting in a larger capacity battery will not harm anything.

Varta are probably the best batteries around, and they do the top rated Silver battery as well as the more commonly found Blue range. However they are not that easy to find (you'll have to order a Silver one) and tend to be quite expensive.

I recently had to purchase a new battery, and pondered for a little while over what size to get. Many batteries have got physically smaller in recent years, and I discovered that the Bosch Silver (sealed for life) 74Ah, part number 574 012 068, cold cranking 680A to the European Standard (probably about 2000A SAE!!) will fit in the 9000 battery tray (at least in a 1994 CSE).

You need to cut off (2 minutes with a saw) the two bottom "ledges" on the short sides to make it fit.

Apart from having a larger capacity than the standard 60Ah or so, they are also pretty cheap as they are a standard size in various VWs and the like. And folk like German & Swedish stock them

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
My identical Bosch was £44 inc VAT from Costco but you'd need to find someone with a members card.

Know what you mean about the battery "just" fitting. I didn't bother and it just about clamps without cutting anything off in my Aero.

David.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
The 9000 manual battery is the 60Ah one, but I replaced mine with the larger Auto version one 5 years ago (and again last year) with the 48 month guaranteed Exide one.

A tight but exact fit.

Andrew

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
And just to add to the confusion a bit later... I bought a replacement battery for mine from a Saab dealer- because it was a good price!

70Ah, for around £50
and no sawing bits off!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
- posted 2004-02-27 18:49   By Scaero (Maptun stg3)

The 9000 manual battery is the 60Ah one, but I replaced mine with the larger Auto version one 5 years ago (and again last year) with the 48 month guaranteed Exide one.

A tight but exact fit.

Andrew[/b]
And now this one is in for checking and replacement under the 4 year guarantee....

Only took a week to find the reciept after moving house.

2 yrs and 3 months old, 1 yar 9 months left on gtte

Andrew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.