Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which type & capacity would you go for with a 94' AERO.

I had to buy a new one for my Wife's CSE last week, and purchased a Halfords Heavy duty 4 year warranty job (because it was 7:15 at night, it was raining, I needed the car the next day, and I was fed up). I also disconnected the alarm.

I did have a FIAM "standard" battery fitted to my AERO and i notced the current was 480 Amps which is considerably less than the Halfods job, then again it was half the price.

As usual, your thoughts would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I posted this some while ago:

"I recently had to purchase a new battery, and pondered for a little while over what size to get. Many batteries have got physically smaller in recent years, and I discovered that the Bosch Silver (sealed for life) 74Ah, part number 574 012 068, cold cranking 680A to the European Standard (probably about 2000A SAE!!) will fit in the 9000 battery tray (at least in a 1994 CSE).

You need to cut off (2 minutes with a saw) the two bottom "ledges" on the short sides to make it fit.

Apart from having a larger capacity than the standard 60Ah or so, they are also pretty cheap as they are a standard size in various VWs and the like. And folk like German & Swedish stock them."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts