Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a SAAB 9-3 petrol on an 02 plate, my battery keeps going flat, battery not that old .after the ignition is switched off the cd/radio makes a buzzing with key out, if I take fuse out will this eradicate the problem?
My other half had an heart attack last week so my car is crucial for trips to/ fro from Hospital.
Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
3,056 Posts
Hello and a warm welcome aboard the good ship saabscene Spikeyanne , first of all hope your other half makes a full recovery . Speradic battery drains can be a pain up the cazoo to solve , did the battery drain start after new battery fitted ? , check for simple things like interior lights , you could always remove the fuse for radio to see if that helps if it dose then you know where fault lies if not maybe a case of an auto electrician to pin point power drain , which at the moment considering your situation is not viable . To be without the car

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Check the ignition barrel is popping up proud when you remove the key....if not the car still leaves everything still switched on.
After that suspect the amplifier and either remove the plug or fuse (think its F25 dash)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts