Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, on a stock 88 900 turbo, If I replace the original air filter and put in a cone filter will I notice any difference or is more needed to noticeably increase the power?

Any suggestions on where to start? I'm not looking for anything radical or expensive. I want to keep the car close enough to stock with just a fiew minor changes.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
An intake alone will not give a noticeable increase in performance, however, if you simply put a cone filter in place of the stock airbox, it will suck in hot underhood air and actually reduce performance.

I really don't know much about the c900, but I am sure a c900 person will be along with more advice soon.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks.... Hopefully someone will come allong and give me some pointers on C900 performance upgrades. I wish Saabs where more common here in Canada like they are over in the UK.... they sure are allot more interesting and exiting than all the other cars out on the market!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
first thing would be to mod the APC and ignition retard stop... alling more boost. can cost nothing if you happen to have a few resistors lying around (like i did.. hapened to have the correct bits in a drawer! )..this will allow alot more boost, giving you cheaper power than a high flow air filter!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I have a couple of mods that you can do. I might put them in a write up and hopefuly a moderator will make it a sticky in the performance section!
Alot of people have asked me for the mods.....

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Originally posted by Grentarc:
[qb]first thing would be to mod the APC and ignition retard stop... alling more boost.  can cost nothing if you happen to have a few resistors lying around (like i did.. hapened to have the correct bits in a drawer! )..this will allow alot more boost, giving you cheaper power than a high flow air filter!  :thumbsup:  [/qb][/b]
The ignition curves for a high hp T7 engine in stock form go something like from 5-8* in the mid-range up to 14-15* at top end.

The retard-stop is cheap, but if you get some kind of custom ignition system, the above curves are what I would aim for as a "base" curve, from which you can advance it if you find there is still no knock.

Adrian W~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.