Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following my recent JT exhaust fitment, i have finally got round to getting a boost gauge so i can adjust the base boost. My 94 Aero has felt a little slugish recently - although not terrible so i wasn't too suprised to see my boost figures:

Base Boost 5.9PSI
Peak Boost 12PSI

My base boost seems low, but would this really knock 5PSI off the peak boost? (Assuming the peak boost should be 17PSI - correct me if i'm wrong)

I have checked my wastegate is working correctly (By removing the W hose from the APC).

My next move i think is to adjust the wastegate by a couple of turns, then reset the ECU and do a few adaption runs.

Can anyone suggest anything else i should check/adjust?

Am i correct in saying my peak boost should be more like 16-17PSI?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
See this thread Base Boost - Mark advises that due to possible changes in back pressure bas boost may need to be adjusted after fitting a larger exhaust like the JT.
Mike

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All

Having put two turns on my wastegate, and performing an adaption run or two i am pleased to say i am now getting a base boost of 6.4-7 and a peak boost of 14.7

I am once again very greatful to all those who post on this forum and help us all get the most from our cars! Thanks All

1 - 4 of 4 Posts