Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question to those of you who have fitted the speedparts stage 1.

On an upgraded 2.3 lpt what base boost should I be looking at setting?

Same as an lpt?
Same as a Turbo?
Same as an Aero?
Or maybe something completely different?

cheers

Alyn

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I believe base boost for all 2.3 turbos, whether full-pressure or light-pressure was 0.40 bar +/- 0.03. The exception was the manual Aero engine with the TD04 turbo (i.e. different from yours). However, I believe this was because of the different turbo, not the fact that the peak boost pressure was higher.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Originally posted by BillJ
I believe base boost for all 2.3 turbos, whether full-pressure or light-pressure was 0.40 bar +/- 0.03.[/b]
When I spoke to Giles at Abbott on the 'phone (it was about the pros/ cons of uprated wastegate actuators) he told told me base on a 2.3 LPT was 0.3 bar and that fuel cut out was at 0.38. Obviously the cut out point no longer applies with the upgrade.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
You're probably right Bill, especially as Abbott's own web site says my car doesn't even exist (1994 2.3LPT with intercooler) . I do remember Giles being very firm on the point tho'...

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I'd say the best thing to do is check what it is and set to 0.40 bar, regardless of what the original spec. might be. If it's got an intercooler, it should be safe with this level of base boost (since the FPTs were) and spool-up will be better than if it is set to 0.30 bar.

If it's already at 0.40 bar, then I don't think we have a problem.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys

0.4 bar it will be then.

Hallam and Sutherns have it in next week to have another go at my oil leak - I shall get them to set it then.

If anyone has a calibrated boost guage that is surplus to requirements I could be interested if the price is right.

Thanks again

Cheers

Alyn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts