Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the aeromonster out for a spin today and was surprised at the lacklustre performance.
there was a lot less wooshy sounds when changing gear
I have a bailley dump valve fitted and
on examination the action was decidedely sticky..
luckily you can fully dismantle the valve
on the inside of the ports at the top away from the inlet there was the signs of some sort of corrosion creating rough spots and causing to stick..
I have sanded cleaned and re-lubricated and things are working fine now..but is something to watch out for.
what caused this ?
have not a clue
answers on a ginster to the usual address

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I had performance problems with mine too. Sometimes full boost, other times not (when I say "not", I mean more like normal boost for an Aero instead of the 1.6 bar I'm used to). When it wasn't giving full boost, I wasn't getting full vacuum on the gauge either, which tipped me off to there being a leak somewhere. Fitting a standard valve cured it so that narrowed it down. My new Forge valve has been working well for the little driving I have managed to do since I fitted it.

I couldn't find signs of stickiness on the piston, nor could I work out a way to dismantle it. Perhaps mine's different to yours, but it looks like it's pressed together and isn't meant to be dismantled.

It's not totally useless, though. It's now supporting the rear of the monitor shelf on my computer workstation.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Originally posted by Ylee
there was the signs of some sort of corrosion creating rough spots and causing to stick... what caused this ? [/b]
Poor quality anodising at a guess: maybe a part of a “Friday afternoon” batch.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
steve ..
the anodising looked as if it had been chemically attacked and the subsequent scores were quite pronounced ...at this point the bore is not doing any sealing there is an o "o ring ridge " further up the piston..the rough bits were sufficiently rough to interfere with the piston

1 - 7 of 7 Posts