Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fluid has been changed recently and now appears this bad shifting from 3rd to 4th. Any ideas?

I remember about some guy who once told me that when you changed the fluid, it is important not to change it ALL, that it is better to remove only some of the fluid, to avoid problems. Do you think that it´s true, and is the cause of this malfunction?

Thank you very much from Spain.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Jerky/abrupt shifting from 3rd to 4th is normally sign of broken 'accumulator' spring in the valve body....quite cheap and fairly easy to change....just remove the battery & base plate and open the top-hat on the autobox which will reveal the valve body....no need to drain fluid, etc.

·
Registered
763 Posts
And also......the Governor seals, which are accessed from the wheel arch....also fairly easy to replace but requires fluid drain on this job...had similar problem on the ZF on my old 9000 and cured the problem with this work. Good luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for your advice, Mutungi, and Mike Hunter.

The guy who repairs my car says now that there is an additive called Lube-Gard, which improves the friction on the gearbox and say that my problem will be solved with that additive (I have to wait a few days). He seems experimented, but, I will tell you...

My english is not so good but I understand (Mutungi) that the problem can be solved inside the car, opening the wheel arch (I hope you mean the stick which I use for changing (P,R,N,D,1,2,3), between the two seats.

Is this ok?

Greetings from a saab lover

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Originally posted by Guitarplayer:
[qb]........opening the wheel arch (I hope you mean the stick which I use for changing (P,R,N,D,1,2,3), between the two seats......[/qb][/b]
No! The wheel arch is where the front road wheel is. The hole under the front wing (fender).

Welcome to Saabscene !!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi¡

First of all, thanks to all, sincerely.

Oh, Mutungi, so you think is not a good idea to try with this additive? Maybe it´s better to go to the Saab dealer to have second opinion, ask for a budget, and see what they tell me.

I´ll tell the guy to change the "accumulator springs",at first instance.

But I´m sorry I don´t understand when you talk about "Governor Seals". Can you specific me what is this, please. One thing is speak common english, but another is when you talk about specific things, technical, etc. I hope you understand me. Thank you in advance.

Greetings
1995 Saab 9000 CSE 9000 2.3 Auto

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Mine had a magic sqeek ( mouse like ) always on the upshift, I took it to and Auto Geardbox guru, who took the car for a spin, then said "I know what that is and how to fix it, bring the car back tomorrow and we will put some magic additive in which will cure it, OK I say.
Needless to say I just did not get around to it and the GB died, secound hand Box installed, Squeek still there, F*&^.
It turns out that it's not the gear box it's one of the rear axel bushes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.