Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 carless weeks, my Aero is back on the road.

It appears the hose connecting the master to slave cylinder had perished inside, so lots of little bits of rubber had messed up the slave cylinder seals.

Thanks for all those who gave me advice, but in the end the worst case scenario prevailed

Hopefully it will last a good 100'000 miles before anything else clutch based needs doing.

Everything has now been changed, 2 lengths of hose, both cylinders, clutch friction material etc.
Should be a sizeable bill, but its so nice having a clutch without a strange "clunk" in the travel.

They had some problems getting the right parts as apparently the clutch and slave cylinder on the Aero are different to those on other 9000s.

Shame I missed the Track Day, but the car was ill and I certainly cant afford two hefty bills in one month.

Fastersaabs 2.3T was in the same garage with the turbo off.

Somehow the wastegate cover had dissapeared down the exhaust. I dont know how it could have gone through as it is bigger than the holes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
After 5 weeks without a working turbo and 1 week without my car I am back on the road and going at full steem
. I love my car and I hope we never fall out again . This is the first time I've had my car with my new springs on and the turbo working as well so it's double fun at the moment.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got some Gmax, 35mm drop, spring from the nice Mr Elk. They have much improved the handling of the car. They seem alright with the normal shocks but would probably be even better with some Koni sports fitted. Can't' afford them at the moment though . Next thing on the list is some better disc's and pads. Thought maybe some Pagid Fast Road performance brake pads from elk and some Black Diamond Discs from motorsportworld if they do them for the 9000. Can anyone recommend any performance (standard size) brake discs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts