Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dilemma 1. Being stuck in snow. If you have experienced this deflating relisation when encountering winter driving conditions you will know what a frustration it can be. I regularly trek gravel roads on route to the ski feild, and have managed to go places the average 2wd car would not go (chains). It's also great driving fast on gravel and having faith in your car for it's superb handling abilities (which is why I love the size, balance and feel of a 9000)

Anyway, this got me thinking about converting my 9000 into an AWD hybrid...using Subaru running gear. I am seriously considering buying an Outback and adatping it to fit way, shape and form to a 9000.

Question : has anyone done this? Converted a 9000 to All Wheel Drive? Would this work?

Comments appreciated.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
The only AWD Saabs that I am aware of are Per Eklund's Pike's Peak 9-3 which uses Haldex AWD, IIRC. The others are the 9-X and 9-3X concepts. Oh, and then there is the 9-2X which is a little more than a Scooby.

Converting a 9000 to AWD would be a serious undetaking - quite something if you did that.

Oh, and that is some fantastic scenery there - what a picture

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.