Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM has abandoned development of a new family of cars ...

The first cars to fall victim of GM's current plight are the Zeta family of upmarket rear-drive models, based on the next Holden Commodore. The Holden survives, but GM is studying a new way to produce a quality rear-drive platform becasue the Zeta's numbers don't add up. That means the next-generation Saab 9-5 currently has no platform

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
The best thing would be for GM to abandon anything remotely to do with cars other than their usual American offerings that they can offer in...er....America.

Then they could sell off all the other brands that they have acquired over the years to people who might actually have some innovative and creative ideas, passion for the product, and a thirst for individuality and success.

Now, anyone for a nice 'Chevrolet' Matiz?? I rest my case!!

GM - 'Global Mismanagement'...your car industry in indifferent American accountants hands!!!! No petrol heads there, I fear!!!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I agree. I went into a multi-franchised dealer today- what a state - Daewoo's Chevvy's Vauxhalls and a few Saabs. ....

Talk about diluting the brand - it was bloody awful - who wants to talk to a Salesman who sells corsa's - who wants a guy who works on Daewoo's to work on your Saab?!

Jack of all trades... master of none!

GM - General Misery....

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Originally posted by Steve McF:
[qb]did even the Chevvy Matiz have rusty nuts......? [/qb][/b]
No but according to the Gloucestershire Echo
What's good: An annoying gearbox was the old Matiz's weakest feature. It is the single biggest improvement in the new car.

What's bad: The steering wheel looks as if it could be pulled off its stalk and used as a Frisbee.[/b]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.