Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with my auto box. For the most part it behaves quite well, but when slowing down naturally, or on the brakes as the box changes from 4th to 3rd I get a clunk, sometimes its quite a jolt and quite load, other times its not so bad.

I have searched and read all previous threads but cannot find anything specific about this problem, although I have read a lot about the accumalator springs, but am not sure if this is related to my problem as I dont know if its only for upshifting/ kickdown problems??

Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
As 4th gear is a phyiscal drive and 3rd is semi hygraulic the shift from 4th to 3rd is going to be a bit more noticable than the 3/2 shift. I sometimes notice it in my K reg but I hope its nothing to really to worry about.

Steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done the gearbox mount and the torque arm mount inserts, maybe the hydraulic ones are gone as well, what is the best way to check?

I also have a shudder when accelerating moderately hard at around 3000 rpm, mostly noticeable in 3rd and 4th.

·
Registered
368 Posts
hi since the mounts are oil filled its worth looking under the car for oil spashed near the mounts. get some one to stand beside the car while u put it into d & r or if its manual try with hand brake on gently rise the clutch to see if the mounts lift.or thers the lay on the floor way jack up car axel stand it then bar the mounts up with care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.