Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fitted an auto-dimming mirror (from a 9-5) to my 9k over the long weekend.

Not too hard.

Electrical connections: on the mirror you just need to connect red to a switched positive feed, and black to ground. Forget the other 4 wires...

Mechanical: alhtough the screw centres are the same, you need to remove one and file down the other two locating stubs on the base plate.

The interior light does clip on to the back of the mirror, although you need to cut the ends off to allow it to slide up a snug fit. It could be glued in place for extra secuirty, but I opted for a cable tie in case I needed to remove it. It's well hidden behind the mirror and blacked out patch.

The mirror sits a little higher than the stock 9k when installed.

All in all, an easy job with some minor mechanical bodgery

Oh, it works really well too .

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm jealous - I've been keeping half and eye out for the mirror to the same thing for a while now.

I've been trying to figure out if it's possible (ok, practical) to use the 9-5 split sun-visors in a 9000 too.

Carl

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Nice

A mate of mine in SA had done the same thing in his 9k, and it works well. 'sfunny, before we got our 9-5 I thought the auto-dimming mirror would be just a gimmick. Now, though, I really miss it.

Cheers

James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.