Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Auto box changes affected by DPF regen?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Capt Jack 
#1 ·
Noticed that my 2007 TiD auto will sometimes produced a slightly awkward auto gear-shift. It's apparently random, and odd in that 99.9% of changes are seamless. It's not dreadful by any means, but it is noticeable.

The car has now done 63,000 miles, and when I think back I guess it's done this ever since I had it. It is infrequent and random.

It has occurred to me to get the fluid changed, but as I've been thinking about it this week I've realised that the odd fluffed change seems to coincide with the DPF regen.

Is it possible that the clumsy gear-shifts are in some way a consequence of the DPF regen? Does the regen process temporarily alter the characteristics of the engine enough for it to make difference to the automatic gear-shift?

Cheers

Jack

#2 ·
Hey Jack,

The Aisin warner box has a characteristic of flaring/revving then slamming into gear on 2nd to 3rd, can point at valve body or fluid change might help,

On the DPF side of thh house, my clutch on the manual makes a rubbing noise during DPF regens when I come to a stop durng the process, dropping the clutch in neutral or engaging a gear it happens - engine timimg is altered during the regen process advanceing fuel delivery, but there's also a question of heat. Does this only happen @ lower speeds?

#3 ·
Thanks Kev. It's more apparent at lower speeds, perhaps as the car shifts up through the gears as you pull away from a junction, and once I've had a clunky down-shift as the car was slowing after a sustained run at 60 to 70 mph.

At the moment it is very intermittent and random, and I can go for ages and ages with no problem - I don't think I noticed it now in over a week (500 miles or so).

I've a warranty on the car which runs out next month, but I think it'd need to actually break down before I could make a claim.

Long term I don't relish the idea of auto-box repairs, so I'm thinking that a fluid change wouldn't be a bad thing to do.

Cheers

Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.