Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would be just to say "I did it", just how hard/easy would it be converting from auto to man. As far as I'm aware it be the box, pedal cluster, slave/master and thats about it.
Any info on all this would be really helpfull, thanks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
It can be done. But not in a couple of hours. Maybe in a couple of days, if you have some skills and good tools and a good place to work in.
You need a donor car, there are too many little things that are different between the two versions that it's almost impossible to get them all at in other ways, and too much expensive to get from Saab. The donor car should be, of course, as much similar to yours as possible (same year, same turbo...).
Many people in US did it, this isn't a bad job like it would be transformig a N/A in a turbo, for example.

Maybe knowing the year and the model of the car can persuade the more knowing people on this board to give you their advice.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Stefano:
[qb]there are too many little things that are different between the two versions that it's almost impossible to get them all at in other ways[/qb][/b]
I haven't done this myself, but one thing I do know that would be easily missed is that the right-hand driveshaft inner support is different between manual and auto. One (can't remember which) is taller than the other and if you don't change it over too, you are likely to have major driveshaft problems later on.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you ask him Leon , and thanks to all who replied. But yes I will go ahead with this, but I will try to a donor car, I know this make things alot easier.
One thing I didnt know that Bill said about drive shafts I'll keep that in mind, good point Bill cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts