Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Australian Hill Climb Championships were held at Mt. Cotton Queensland on the 3rd&4th November. My Saab 9-3 which is our only car and of course a daily driver finished 3rd in class Improved Production 3001-5000cc.
For those interested sample photos can be viewed at:- www.osella.com.au/wayne/ahc-2007/ and go to improved production 3001-5000cc.
There was a lot of carnage on the days as many competitors came from interstate for the championship and many were unfamiliar with the track and as a result found how unforgiving it is.
One car of particular interest was a Datsun 260Z fitted with a Chev 6000cc engine with all wheel drive. Several records were broken on the day.
As it was the 40th anniversary of the hill the designer, a British gentleman Jon McCarthy came out from Blighty for the occasion.
Of the 121 cars entered only about 3 were daily drivers, my Saab, WRX STi and a Clubman sports car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Excellent achievement the photos are great and its nice to see a saab on a race track as it’s a rare site been FWD do you mind if I ask what modifications you have done to get your car to this standard as I`m not a racer just a track dayer.i like to get some inspiration for mods from people like yourself to improve my car and get the saab name out there.

Well done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.