Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

audisaab.co.uk

19K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  hammie 
#1 ·
Hi,
I am looking at purchasing a 9-3ss. Has anyone used audisaab.co.uk in Cheshire? Can you recommend them?
Many Thanks

#2 ·
Welcome!
New name to me.
He is actually in neither Cheshire nor Merseyside, the Wirral is a local authority on its own. He's a couple of miles north of the Wirral/Cheshire border, but I don't blame him for calling it Cheshire, many people do this (I have), the local boundary and post area changes from years ago still leave a sour taste in many mouths. At least he's the right side of the Mersey! (And I speak as someone Liverpool born and bred and proud of it.)

Looking at his website, seems he's a smallish indy trader, using autotrader's website facilities, and there's nothing wrong with that either.
At the top of my browser it says "Audisaab quality used cars in Warrington" so he might have relocated - Warrington's 25 miles away.
Where he's located now is at/next to Thornton Manor, see http://www.thorntonmanor.co.uk/ and it's a very nice spot - I've cycled past it many times. See multimap aerial view too.

I couldn't see an open showroom, which is backed up by the "by appointment" bit. No mention of service facilities, maybe just trades. Possibly uses lock-up facilities in converted stables at the Manor?? Again nothing wrong with that.
Nearest main dealer is Lookers, branches in Chester and Liverpool, so this is good 93SS-spotting territory.

What's all this add up to? Not much of an answer to your question, that's what! Could be a first class trader and a good find. I'd suggest a phone call or two before trekking all the way up here, it's a long journey for you. If you do decide to come up, let me know and if I'm free I'll come along to kick tyres. (Sorry, can't offer a room for the night, storing neighbour's furniture - long and boring story.) Nothing in Concept Saab in Cardiff? They're a little bit closer!
There are a few forum members in striking distance, maybe someone knows him?

#3 ·
Thanks,

I have been looking all over the country for the right spec and price. Hunting down a Vector sport tid 150 for under £7000 isn't as easy as you might think.
I'm heading up to Nottingham tomorrow to take a look at one which sounds promising.

#6 ·
Hi there Forza and welcome,

If you tell us what model it is you are going to view we could also advise you on somethings that you should look out for.

Regards,

Dean

PS just had a look on their website and it certainly looks the part, make sure you get some form of warranty with the car.
If it is a SAAB you are going for which I can gather it is make sure you listen to the stereo before buying :) I didn't :-( if it has the green screen in the middle you should be ok.

#9 ·
Very nice Forza,

I take it, it is the silver one on the site?

Full leather which is nice, stereo has the little green screen (ICM2) should have upgraded audio pack with either 7 speakers and one amp or 13 speakers with 2 amps bonus either way.

I believe intercoolers breaking/bursting/leaking is a common fault
Front shock springs cracking may appear lowered on the front just something to look out for.

Someone else on here who has an awful lot more knowledge on the common faults will update you on this.

Hope all goes well,

If you buy this car you will not be disappointed, I have the same but auto on an 05 :).

#13 ·
Well - Been and looked , have to say the seating postion and drive comfort is nowhere near as good as the Volvo S40 (IMO) but car seems good value, got a good uninterupted test drive and left a deposit will collect tomorrow. 3 months or 2000 mile warranty - happy with the deal all the HPI stuff collected and checked out.

Any later issues I'll post up but seems to be a very good dealer , very happy at this moment in time, now to sort the insurance

#16 ·
sam runs audi saab, he used to work at brooke saab at Wrexham, I bought a 9000 hpt off him in 2002 or 03 when he was working there, it was a great car and the longest I have ever owned a car [3 years] it had 127k on it when I bought it and never missed a beat, think the only thing I had to replace was a water pump, seemed decent lad, and hes been going a few years now, sells a lot of stuff locally, so Im pretty sure he doesn't dump on his on doorstep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.