Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Have read some interesting posts here about installing car kits into 9-3's but not 9000's.

I have a 9000 CSE AERO (1996) and am going to attempt(!) to install a hands free kit for an Ericsson T68i this weekend. I should be able to cope as I managed to install my current Panasonic one, but I never did manage to get the audio mute bit to work.

In the posts that I've read there has been mention of a SAAB-provided wiring loom to interface between the SAAB standard audio system and the hands free kit.

Does this apply to SAAB 9000's as well as i don't remember seeing a multi-pin connector before? I'm rather hoping that because the phone and the car originate from Sweden the interfaces will match without the need for this cable. Anyone know if that is the case?

Lastly does anyone know the colour coding of the wires, specifically the mute wire?

Really grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

Ali Edwards

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
I have all the bits ready for the install in my 9-5, I'm OK for "Telephone 0" install, but have been trying to sort out "Telephone 1". If the Saab plug can be used behind the dash and your wire colours are the same, this is what I have:

Pin1 - 12V power - red
Pin2 - 12V via ignition - Red/Blue
Pin3 - Microphone Earth - Green
Pin4 - Earth - Black
Pin5 - Telephone Mute - Yellow
Pin6 - not used - no pin installed

and additionally if the full "Telephone 1" installation is used:

Pin7 - Telephone "Line Out" signal - White/Grey
Pin8 - Telephone "Line Out" earth - White/Blue
Pin9 - Not connected - Brown
Pin10 - Microphone high/low output - Brown/Grey

I'm installing a Nokia CARK91 kit for a Nokia 6310 phone. If I do the "Telephone 0" install, I need to connect the Nokia output loom to the right wires on the Saab plug, It so happens that all I have to do is join the wires that are the same colour together.

"Telephone 1" involves cutting wires nearer the phone and I'm not sure I'm that brave.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Don't bother with the outdated technology of wires.

I have fitted a Parrot Bluetooth car kit from Pama (£199) to my 9000 (Bluetooth is on both the 6310 and T68i).

You just get in the car with the phone in your pocket, bag, coat in the boot etc and you are hands free. It does rely on voice-dialling or using the display on the phone.

As to the mute wire, yellow is the ISO standard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm. So "Telephone 0" & "Telephone 1" are two different options available in the cabling...?

Would I be right in thinking that pins 7 & 8 would be used to feed the telephone line out to the hi fi speakers?

Ian: I'm not keen on the headset thing you have to wear!!! Bluetooth is a great idea though. Was in Greece last week where the set was £120....

Thanks to all for the advice!!

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
I think the "Line Out" cables are connected to the radio pre-amp somehow. They are not the speaker cables. I assume that they are of similar power and are the hi-fi equivalent of the "Aux" input to an amplifier. I may be wrong - it's why I'm holding back, trying to find the right info from Nokia or Saab. Must try harder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts