Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi .

So i bought a snazzy gunmetal grey 2009 Tid and i love it , but although all the visual alerts are working , there is no accompanying bong, click, beep or otherwise - particularly frustrating with parking sensors !!

Couple of supplemental facts :

Its a facelift dash (no Sid ?)
Radio/CD works fine - all speakers
Bluetooth phone connection and steering controls all fine
no under seat Amp (one in the boot)
no blown fuses
Advised that Tech 2 is not the issue , as theres no option to turn off parking sensor alerts

So i surmise that its a dead speaker ... but where , people , where ????

some forums indicate it may be module attached to the MIU (speedo clocks) - if i knew for sure i'd go for it and pull the dash out to fix it , cos its driving me nuts !!

Can ANYONE categorically tell me where this mysterious speaker is in a 2009 9-3 Tid with facelift dash ....... please ?

Colin

·
Administrator
5,048 Posts
there isn't one..might be worth removing the negative from the battery for 5-10mins allowing ALL the systems to reset..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update - disconnected the battery over the weekend - no change .

Can confirm the car has SID 2.

Service completed over the weekend too - noticed the rail that connects the swirl flaps is loose. the little plastic connectors are worn - is this worth replacing ?? My understanding is that one swirl flap actually operates, and the rail causes the other 3 to mirror the movement of the one. What do swirl flaps actually do anyway ???

I also replaced one of the little mat mounting pins in the carpet as one of mine was gone - really easy job actually !!

Now if ONLY i could solve the mystery of the audible warnings !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts