Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

For some strange reason I am tending to leave my sidelights on - did it last evening - must be age! I wondered if the 9Ks have an audible lights left on buzzer like the 9-3? If they do mine is not working and how can I fix it, can one be retro fitted? ( a buzzer that is and not a new memory!!!)

Car is a My95 non turbo CSE

Regards

green9000

·
Registered
430 Posts
I never, ever use my sidelights ( I think they are parking lights anyway)

I just leave the headlights switched on, always have. It stops me from forgetting to switch then on

You could probably rig up a system using a relay which was switched open with ignition & lights on, then switched closed if the ignition was turned off. I'm sure some whizzkid will be along soon to tell you how to do it.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
No need, if it's dark enough to warrant lights then it should be dipped headlights not parking aka. sidelights.

Since the headlights turn off when you turn the ignition off, there won't be a problem!

David.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Originally posted by green9000:
[qb]Hi

For some strange reason I am tending to leave my sidelights on - did it last evening - must be age! I wondered if the 9Ks have an audible lights left on buzzer like the 9-3?  If they do mine is not working and how can I fix it, can one be retro fitted?[/qb][/b]
What you can do is fit the Daytime Running Lights fuse (number 31 IIRC). This does in effect mean you will always have the parking lights on (not a bad idea given our weather) but they will go off automatically when you turn off the ignition. HTH

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi
If you really do not want to run with your headlights on all the time, it is very easy to rig up a simple buzzer (from maplins or such) from the live sidelight feed to provide +ve and from the drivers door switch to provide an earth. Then if you open the drivers door with the sidelights on the buzzer sounds.
I did this on my previous 9000 with no ill effects and it only took about an hour to do.Worked very well but I cannot remember what wire I connected to on the switch.

On my Aero, I have modified the light switch itself by drilling out the green plastic circle on the switch and putting an LED there wired to the light switch illumination contacts on the switch. This illuminates the LED when either sidelights or headlights are on, much brighter than the original bulb. It's a trial at the mo as I need to find a less bright LEd but I find it works for me.

HTH
Ant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.