Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
UK weather is more favourable to the Michelin tyre compound, especially if you drive your SAAB like it is meant to be driven....SENSIBLY HARD! Though, the ATS price for the Pirelli seems very reasonable....not old rubber I hope!

·
Registered
83 Posts
My Elise was supplied with P-Zeros. Absolutely loads of dry grip but not so hot in the wet and not very progressive on breakaway. Very sensitive to tyre pressure's too. They have very stiff sidewalls which is great for turn-in but you would want to run them a good 2-3psi below what you would normally use.

I have Michelin Primacy on the front of the Saab at the moment. Quite happy with them. They are about £50+VAT from Costco.

Cheers,

Liam.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
sgould, I had a look at www.mytyres.net and was quite impressed. Checked it out, looks like a german company with an office in Scotland.

I have already placed an order for four budget 185/65R15T tyres to fit to my newly acquired 1984 99GL. Delivery will be 7 days plus on the budget tyres, but at £98.40 including delivery and VAT for brand new tyres I don't think you can go too wrong.

I'll try and remember to feedback my experiences.

/john

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
John

The German version of the mytyres site gives even better prices, roughly 1 euro =£1. We travel to Europe a couple of times a year and have had a puncture or two recently. Last year we were charged £64 for a 215/60/15 H for my wife's Galaxy by a tyre depot near Hamburg. The best price we got here in UK for a pair at Christmas was £81 each.

Quarryeff

I think that Michelin own ATS, it's now ATS Euromaster - can't confirm the details but their web site links only to Michelin's tyre selector.
One thing I found out that surprised me was that Michelin now own all of the following:
B F Goodrich, Uniroyal, Kléber, Riken and Stomil.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.