Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

i have had a fault in my ASB system and have found the problem:
the cable (near the front rh disk) has partially broken. the outer metal mesh (stainless steel) has completely torn but a rubber inner remains.

1 Can this be repaired by me?
2 is the rubber inner just rubber or does this contain another insulated wire?

thx;
Guy

·
Registered
661 Posts
The cable is co-axial similar to a TV aerial cable - ie it has an outer cable and an inner screened cable to.
Imho its not really worth trying to repair as the abs ecu is not very tolerant of varying resitances that might be present in a repaired cable,
If your lucky you might find a good cable at either a breakers yard (the hard part is getting them out without destroying them!) or alternatively i think there about £70 from Saab if you haggle hard

Pete.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I have successfully repaired an ABS sensor cable in the past. I bridged the mesh screen with copper foil soldered at both ends. I than wrapped it with self-amalgating tape and gave this a coat of Aquasure wader cement. It was still working fine when I sold the car 18 months later.
No harm in trying, it costs next to nothing and you have nothing to lose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.