Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 Saab 2.3i, which has just had a new clutch, and complete timing chain kit fitted. The oil pump packed in yesterday, and the engine is now damaged beyond repair. Are there any parts worth anything? It has a leather interior, and the car is clean. I live in Nairn in the north east of Scotland, so any parts would have to be sent by carrier.

I have only had the car a few months, so it was disappointing for this to happen, and expensive as well, but I don't think it is worth spending the money on an engine replacement.

So are any parts worth removing?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Hi welcome to Saabscene, and sorry to hear your bad news. Not that it helps but I think you have been unlucky, the oil pump is not known as a weak point.

Could consider a second-hand engine if the rest of the car is good but probably not worth it if you have to pay someone else to do the work.

As for parts, if the leather is good I' say you should get £150min for it more like £200. Walnut dash should get £70ish, then there is all the switch gear (few quid each), headlights (£40 each if good), rear lights, brake calipers, engine ECU, brake ECU, DI (if fitted £50 say), centre arm rest? Air con? Door cards, dash, centre consule, headlight wiper motors, side windows and electric window motors, sunroof motor - anything you can get off!

Now there is another Saab spares day with car booters in the Lakes sometime this summer. Get yourself booked in there and take a trailer - worth a try anyway.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you are breaking up the car yourself and selling the parts seperately, give me a shout as I have a few small items that I need, such as door light covers, motorised aireal unit (if urs has one) etc etc.

Would prob take alot more but I am in N.Ireland so shipping would be a prob for bigger items.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Sick Saab,

If you are going to break it, then place it in the (free) clsssifieds section that is available from the link in the top right.

You will need to register for that area too, but that's the place for 'sales'

Andrew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts