Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the full kit with all the wires and fibre optic cables. I am needing help understanding how to connect the fibre optics so that it forms a loop. The instructions supplied with the original kit are not very clear.

Here's what I did:
  1. I removed the left rear side panel to expose the amplifier.
  2. I removed the optical fibre marked 1 from the back of the amp and ran the long fibre supplied with the kit from there to the left front footwell.
  3. I disconnected the existing fibre under the left front foot well (A pillar) and connected the new fibre.
This is my understanding from the instructions but I am at a loss as to how I wire optical cables to the CD changer in the trunk and where they connect. Supplied with the kit are two other (shorter) optical cables and a selection of connectors. I am guessing the two short new optical cables come from the CD changer through the rear bulkhead to the amplifier on the left side, but need help to understand how to connect them.

Any help greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are three fibre optic cables supplied with the kit. One long one and two shorter.

Here's my theory:
The longer one looks to be right length to run from the AMP to the A pillar and is used to connect the AMP to the existing o-bus circuit. One of the new shorter ones appears to be used to run from the AMP to the CD changer - it's a bit short but should fit. To do this, the current second (old) connection at the amp needs to be disconnected.

To complete the circuit the third and final supplied optical cable needs to run back from the CD changer and be mated to the now loose second (old) connection that was disconnected from the AMP.

Attached is my theory for before-and-after wiring. Can anyone validate this?

·
Administrator
5,122 Posts
what sound system have you got..

·
Administrator
5,122 Posts
i know with the Saloon there were two other optic cables that needed to be connected into the system,might be the same case with the vert..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts