Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I thought you guys would get a kick out of the Talladega project that I am currently working on. Of note are the following:

- Attached below is a photo of the car just back from the painters. Of note is the fact that it is the color of the new convertible. I decided to do this because this is a new color to Saab only offered on the '04 convertible. Painting the '97 Talladega this color links the past to the present. Also, you will note that I developed a custom hood vent to help keep the underhood temperatures in check. Lastly, I have also installed the M3 style electrical mirrors with integrated LED blinkers.

- Suspension page of my web site: reinforced rear axle and completed subframe.

- Interior page of my web site: New perforated leather wrapped steering wheel and custom 3 gauge A-pillar pod.

- Exterior page of my web site: more pics of the paint job and work up, custom billet fuel door.

More to come as the car starts to come together. Yankton Tuned - Talladega Project

Enjoy!
Kevin

·
Registered
229 Posts
Great work!

I'm really impressed with all the effort that's gone into the suspension .

Quick question though, where did you source the poly bushes on the steering rack?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The steering rack poly was "custom" fit from a set made for a Ford. I shaved them down and removed the center spindle from the existing bushing so that there was not any play in the steering. I can't wait to see how it feels once everything is put back together. The only down side to doing a complete rebuild like this one is that I cannot say what any single part has contributed, just the total effect which should be significant

By the way, the hood was made from plastic EVO molding. One thing that you cannot see in the photo or does not come through well is that the outer "V" of the vent and the center line perfectly match the existing lines on the hood. These vents should help in keeping underhood temps in check.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts