Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, apart from the trackday, we also enjoyed some slightly slower motor fun on the go kart track
. We're justing ringing round for prices/venues at the mo and will have some info soon. Meanwhile, if you fancy karting on the Saturday (10th July) in the N Wales area, sign up below... (this is interest only at the mo, it doesn't commit you to partaking!)

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I'm interested in karting on Sat 10th July

1. Andrew (Scaero) I'm committed, or is that should be...

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
I'm interested in karting on Sat 10th July

2. /john (reigning champ and proving that I have favorable Power to weight ratio ...c'mon, try and beat me if you think you're hard enough
)

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
2. /john (reigning champ and proving that I have favorable Power to weight ratio ...c'mon, try and beat me if you think you're hard enough
)
3. Jason

·
Registered
215 Posts
2. /john (reigning champ and proving that I have favorable Power to weight ratio ...c'mon, try and beat me if you think you're hard enough )
3. Jason
4. JohnM

·
Registered
661 Posts
2. /john (reigning champ and proving that I have favorable Power to weight ratio ...c'mon, try and beat me if you think you're hard enough )
3. Jason
4. JohnM
5. Pete T
Got silver medal ast time i was in one of those things

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Karting Venue Details:

1) Glasfryn Parc
Glasfryn Fawr Farm Pencaenewydd Pwllheli Gwynedd LL53 6RD. (Distance - 41 miles)

Time - 2:00pm on Saturday 10th July.

Price - £20 per person, for a Grand Prix Event. There will be two groups of up to 16 karts per group and each group will have 3 races. The leading drivers from each group then race in a head-to-head finale to decide the overall winner.

The 600 metre track, divided during the daytime into a junior and a senior circuit, has proved to be a great hit with karting enthusiasts and day visitors alike. Minimum age for the junior circuit is 8, and 14 for the senior track. The whole track may be opened by prior arrangement for evening bookings for larger groups who wish to take advantage of the whole track circuit for racing purposes.
3. Jason
4. JohnM
5. Pete T
Got silver medal ast time i was in one of those things
[/QB][/quote]

·
Registered
752 Posts
If it's at Glasfryn (you give it as option 1, but are strangely quiet about other options ) I'm up for it, as is Matt (remember him, /john? - your nemesis ). Depending what time of day you are planning - we should be able to get there.

I'm just really sorry that I can't make the big day, but we are so busy that Friday that it's a non-starter for me.

(Unless, of course, you boys think that it would be OK for a guest of mine, who's staying on the Friday, to bring his works Aston Vantage to the Track day ?)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Aha - 2.00 pm - just saw it - durrrrr. In that case count me, Matt and Aled - another chef here - in:

1. Andrew (Scaero)
2. /john
3. Mrs /john
4. Jason
5. JohnM
6. Pete T
7. Fawlty
8. Matt
9. Aled superstar Citroen Saxo with big exhausts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by Fawlty:
[qb]If it's at Glasfryn (you give it as option 1, but are strangely quiet about other options     )[/qb][/b]
Well ... I was going to put it to a vote but as the other two options were more expensive and further away there seemed no point!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Good decision Jason!

We can also count in two more - my mate with his Aston (I haven't approached him about the trackday yet, but I know he'll want to kart) - we'll call him Aston-ish for the sake of argument.

And Richard Burton.

So:

1. Andrew (Scaero)
2. /john
3. Mrs /john
4. Jason
5. JohnM
6. Pete T
7. Fawlty
8. Matt
10.Aston-ish
11.Richard Burton

So it's almost looking like a Saab/Bodegroes challenge Trophy! As such I'll of course donate the winning Bubbly! And as I will be [expletive deleted], it doesn't really matter whose side I'm on

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Oh all right then ... since I'll not be humiliating you all on the track at Anglesey, I may as well humiliate you at the karting

1. Andrew (Scaero)
2. /john
3. Mrs /john
4. Jason
5. JohnM
6. Pete T
7. Fawlty
8. Matt
10.Aston-ish
11.Richard Burton
12.Keith (the Virgin Karter)

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm sure none of you guys need reminding of the potential dangers but....
last friday a very good mate of mine (a very experienced driver in his early forties so no idiot) was on a karting day out courtesy of the company he works for. Someone T boned his kart & he is now in a coma on a life support machine with a severe brain stem injury. This was a professionally organised & supervised 'fun' event & everyone was helmeted etc.
I know we shouldn't dwell too long on the ifs, buts & maybe's of life - but safety awareness is no bad thing - especially if you have a wife & young children.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Very sorry to hear that deano, thats tragic and utterly freakish.

Obviously those of us in attendance will ensure that we avoid danagerous driving at the trackday AND the karting.

·
Registered
279 Posts
sorry to butt in again lads, but having put a dampener on your day out with probably the most morose message ever posted - its only right to update it with some surprisingly better news.
He woke up 2 days ago, & although he's still "very ill" he's improved enough to leave the ICU & transfer to HDU. Can only speculate on his eventual degree of recovery, but hosp state he's making good progress & they're very pleased so far.
It's not miraculous, but it's not far off.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Deano - I am sure that I speak for everyone on SSc in wishing your friend a speedy and complete recovery. I am sure that it is a traumatic time for his family, SSc wishes them well.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Cheers John, (latest news this morning is even better - "cautiously optimistic of a full recovery")- no more bulletins, promise.
couldn't help but notice no one added to the list of trackday entries after I posted the bad news. I know that if I'd wanted to sign up I might have been put off for fear of appearing insensitive (that only occurred to me after posting when I realised a separate topic would have been better)) so I hope that if that was the case for anyone, they'll now sign up now if there's still time. And if there isn't time, my apologies to anyone who has missed out as a result.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts