Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for the rather dull question but ... does any one know whether I have 18mm or 19 mm anti roll bars on my 92' CDS 2.3FPT as I would like to order some new bushes from elk and can?t find out which I need

·
Registered
413 Posts
This has come up before. I think most of the 9000's have 18mm bars. Only the 'specials' ( Aeros'?) having 19mm.
To be safe it's best to measure them using a caliper gauge.
If you don't have one, clamp an adjustable spanner onto the bar and measure the jaw gap with a steel rule.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
IIRC SAAB moved to 19mm ARBs in 1993. Originally advertised as an Aero feature but actually fitted to all models. That said, I've seen it written that "only early models" had 18mm ARBs. Another easy way to measure is to see if an 18mm spanner fits over, if not it's a 19mm one

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys, I'll nick a caliper gauge from work tomorrow and give it a go. Probably would have measured them to start with but now the cars lowered ( ) I can't get under it without a jack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.