Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its about time for some new ARBs anyone know if my car is 18 or 19 mm. I've tried an 18mm spanner and it wont go over front or rear but this is a bit of a crude measurement.
1994 9000CSE 2.0 non turbo

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well, not 100% positive but think you are safe with 19mm.
Supaflex site says early cars are 18mm and later ones 19mm. My 1992 has 18mm; I measured before purchase with a vernier calliper and they were spot on 18mm; opened up caliper to 19mm and had 1mm slop.
If you've a good quality rule you could check the jaws of the spanner are accurate, alternatively try a 19mm spanner, buy a cheap 'Draper' vernier calliper ( very useful for all sorts of, er, measuring things )or wait a bit and someone here'll give you the troof. BTW when I replaced my rear bushes recently two of the bolts sheared......careful; took a couple of days to get the broken bolts out.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It would appear that there is no set pattern to what size roll bar is fitted to what model 9000!! The usual assumption is that only Aeros had the 19mm bars but we have come across a right old mixture of late and early cars fitted with 18mm and 19mm bars. Saab's EPC system is less than helpful in identifying what's what. The only way to be sure is to measure your own bars.

Julian

·
Registered
413 Posts
......and when I checked the Saab EPC I noticed that the rear ( at least ) anti roll bar has a different p.n. for the same year CS and CD; don't know if the diameter is different though....

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
BTW when I replaced my rear bushes recently two of the bolts sheared......careful; took a couple of days to get the broken bolts out.[/b]
Aparently this is a common occurance when changing Anti-Roll Bar bushes.. so be warned if anyone chooses to do a DIY job. Definately dose up on WD40 well before hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts