Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just purchased my first Saab (1992 9000S), two days ago, and the honey moon is fading fast:). I keep seeing an "Anti Lock" light. Not steady, but enough to notice its appearance. Any experiences? Possible problems? Cures? Costs?
Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neil, thanks so much for your help. That doesn't sound too painful so far, or maybe I'll be surprised later . Since I posted my first cry for help, I noticed I am also leaking a little antifreeze fluid on passenger side of car. Any advise on this issue? Thank you

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
The other thing to think is 'is it antifreeze?' being a 1992, it may be an older one with the washer bottle by the battery. These can leak at the non return valves and look a bit like antiofreeze if your liberal with the washer fluid.

Andrew

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, it is leaking on the front passenger side. I noticed a spot alittle larger than a dinner plate. Mostly, after sitting overnight. Also, it is that light green color similar to antifreeze. Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, my honeymoon has ended rather quickly . I have owned my 92, 9000S for four days now, and already it seems to be crying (leaking) out antifreeze, flashing me the "Anti Lock" light, and up until about 3 hours ago-- refused to start up for me. It would only turn and turn and turn, as if trying to impress me Finally, it had to be towed in for repairs . Does anyone have any advice on what these repairs might be? I suppose I should say something nice about my very handsome car such as how good it looks on the outside, or maybe even how nicely it treated me one the test drive . Has anyone any encouraging words? I am d e p p r e s s e d

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Cheer up,its only money.If the leak is out-side the car on the front left-hand.go for the screen washers,if it is in the foot-well,drivers side I think on your side of the pond,suspect heater matrix,niether is the end of the world.
Now in my experience it is unusual for them not to start.Check the normal things,ignition leads,dizzy cap and make sure you are using the correct plugs.After that,fold the rear seat down,crank the engine then leave the ignition ON,stick your ear to the floor of the boot,you should hear the fuel pump running,if not then there could be your problem.
9000 have the ability to empty bank accounts with remarkable speed,but when they behave they are worth every penney,sorry cent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts