Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question re my Turbo Boost. the pick up is fantastic and the car is VERY quick. The only question I have is on initial boost the Turbo needle goes into the red but as you keep accelerating the boost acks off slightly into the area where the yello meets the red (make sense?). Just wondered if this was normal? I have read that this may be the APC due to the fact it only has 95 RON unleaded in it. I have just filled up with Optimax, so will I notice a difference? and will it be and instant change or will the car take time to adapt to the Optimax fuel..

Sorry for all the questions.. and Thanks Guys

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well if it's any help, my '96 2.3 FPT Auto runs noticeably faster on optimax. Seriously the difference is huge - very very noticeable. The boost gauge behaves as you say regardless of what fuel I have in it, however it just *goes* a great deal quicker. Maybe mine is particularly sensitive to using bog standard from Sainsburies?

Put it this way, much to my surprise I got outdragged from 30-60 by a monkey in a newish Astra 1.8 (coming out of a roundabout on the A316 heading out of london) last week. That was while I was on 95 RON - on something like Optimax that would never happen

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Ant,

That's completely normal behaviour. Boost will taper off as revs increase. Optimax will make a slight difference; after you've driven a few miles to flush it through, perform an adaptation run as described here on BillJ's 9000 site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts